15.7.08

cake cup!

i got real excited and had to post this here.
Chocolate Cake In 5 Minutes!
Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons cake flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
1 Mug

no shit. i was relieved to find that, while listed as an ingredient, it is not necessary to eat the mug after consuming the cake.

for a while when i was a kid (sometime immediately following my "mysterious potion" phase) i'd grab a few swiss miss cocoa packets whenever i went to hang out with my buddy gale.

we'd dump 2 or 3 packets of cocoa powder in our mouths and let our saliva mix with the powder, creating a gritty, chocolatey sludge that was not unlike raw chocolate cake batter. this quickly became our favorite "snack" and our newfound addiction quickly spiralled out of control.

it eventually got to the point where my dad made the connection between my constantly-chocolatey mouth and the fact that we never had any cocoa packs around the house and he quit buying swiss miss from costco altogether.

withdrawl quickly set in and, craving intense flavor in a conveniently packaged, easily-pocketed form factor, i turned to bouillon cubes. bouillon is not as good as cocoa powder, but so what nigga? it got me high.

anyway, seeing the aforementioned "quick cake" blog entry reminded me of that little gem from my kidhood, so i thought i'd repost it here. i have a special place in my heart for junky snacks and foodie creations of questionable culinary merit. which is probably why i like groceryeats so much.

i am pretty sure "testarossa overdrive" on this kid's muxtape gets heavy radio play on electrochoc in GTA4. todey remindey of bellingham dance parties at the vanilla dome. it's a sick remix of KAVINSKY's "testarossa autodrive" shown below:

(only embedding this because i think this video is fucking cool)

mant out.

2 comments:

Renai said...

HAHA! I found that in someone else's blog last night and it made me think of you. And then here it is. Perfect.

david said...

...but so what nigga? it got me high.

i'm glad you are blogging again.